Judith Toffenetti, principal at the firm, has cultivated a results-oriented approach to intellectual property matters through her national law firm experience and significant client work. In her previous roles, she crafted a results-driven approach to KDB client work and a thorough understanding of all intellectual property matters across industries.
With a PhD in microbial molecular biology, Judith provides KDB clients with a deep understanding of the industry and the factors affecting their patent matters. She specializes in life sciences and biotechnology and counsels KDB clients who are established and emerging pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and research institutes and universities.
Her extensive experience includes:
- Client counseling concerning patent portfolio management and strategy in numerous technology areas such as small molecule therapies, genomics, gene therapy, anti-cancer therapies, molecular biology, immunology and pharmaceutical formulations
- Patent preparation and prosecution in pharmaceutical, biotech, chemical, plant molecular biology and medical device industries, including on scope, enforceability and transfer of intellectual property rights
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of pharmaceutical and biotechnology-based transactions, such as licensing, collaborative agreements and other intellectual property-related business transactions
Learn more about Judith by viewing her KDB Lawyer Spotlight.
- McDermott Will & Emery, Partner, 2002 - 2016
- Kenyon & Kenyon, Associate, 1995 - 2002