Matthew Russell specializes in providing clearance searches to determine infringement risks for products, and invalidity searches to determine prior art references for issued patents. He possesses more than a decade of experience in computer science and engineering prior to joining KDW, with stints at the firm throughout his career as a technology specialist. Matthew also has Patent Examiner experience, having worked for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office specializing in computer gaming patent applications. Before entering the practice of law, Matthew worked for a department of defense contracting as a Project Engineer for three years with experience in sonar system design.
With varied experience within his field, Matthew has an acute understanding of the business side of IP, and specializes in preparing and prosecuting patent applications before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office in several specific industries including computer science, mobile computing, wireless standards, electric technologies, and business methods.
While earning his law degree, Matthew was a member of the Journal of Law and Commerce, the Student Intellectual Property Law Association, and the Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate Program.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Examiner, 2010 - 2011
- Kacvinsky Daisak Bluni PLLC, Technology Specialist, 2009 - 2010
- Carnegie Mellon University Department of Technology Transfer, Researcher, 2009
- Bricmont Inc., Technical Writer, 2008 - 2009
- Kacvinsky LLC, Technology Specialist, 2008
- Advanced Acoustic Concepts, Systems Engineer III, 2004 - 2007