Martin Miller has 20 years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution in the United States, Europe, Japan, Australia, China and India. Martin started his legal career as a patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. As a strategic partner to his clients, Martin has successfully passed hundreds of patents and trademarks through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. As Counsel to KDB’s clients, he works with them closely on interpreting licensing agreements, software development agreements, and statements of work as well assessing patents for investment purposes and/or non-infringement or validity purposes.
Martin works with inventors in several tech industries, such as analog and digital circuit design, software and computer architecture, enterprise software and information management solutions, home and business automation software and systems, cellular telecommunications, industrial lighting, cable television systems, medical devices, and consumer electronics.
Martin’s experience also extends to strategically protecting products through the filing and prosecution of design patents, including designs for the ornamental features of consumer electronic products, jewelry, and graphical user interfaces of software applications
Top Secret Security Clearance (2016 – Present)
- Miller, Martin, Fagan, Matthew, “Approaching AI Inventions Under New USPTO Guidance,” IP Law 360 (April 3, 2019)
- Miller, Martin, “Responding to Novelty Rejections After Recent PTAB Ruling,” IP Law 360 (July 8, 2021)
Learn more about Martin by viewing his KDB Lawyer Spotlight.
- RatnerPrestia, Associate, 2013 – 2018
- Morris & Kamlay, Patent Attorney, 2011 – 2013
- Kenyon & Kenyon, Associate, 2007 – 2011
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, Associate, 2005 – 2007
- Roylance, Abrams, Berdo & Goodman, Associate, 2004 – 2005
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Examiner, 1998 - 2004
- Defense Contract Management Command, Electronics Engineer, 1994 - 1998
- Charleston Navy Shipyard, Electrical Engineer, 1988 - 1994