As a Principal at KDB, Boris brings over 20 years of highly diverse experience in numerous facets of Intellectual Property law. He advises start-up and established companies as well as universities on creation, development, enhancing, and management of their domestic and international patent and trademark portfolios with a focus on sustaining, protecting, and growing companies’ business and shareholder values. Boris routinely counsels clients on patentability, freedom-to-operate, non-infringement, invalidity as well as patent enforcement strategies, licensing, and due diligence.
He regularly prepares and prosecutes US and international patent applications in business methods and software-based systems, including databases, user interfaces, web-based systems/tools, and cloud computing; storage and memory systems, including delta-compression, data-compression, deduplication, and data protection; telecommunications technologies, such as, LTE, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, RF, MIMO, split-layer architecture, millimeter wave, and IoT; artificial intelligence, machine learning, and neural networks; autonomous vehicles; network security including encryption and intrusion/virus protection; image analysis, recognition, and correction; medical device technologies, including cardiovascular equipment, spinal devices and implants, insulin delivery devices, blood centrifuges, ultrasound/HiFu, catheters/cannulas, laser catheters, imaging/NMR, and medication management systems; mechanical devices, office and household items; agricultural storage products and waste management; and designs.
Earlier in his career, Boris also litigated patent infringement and validity issues before several US district courts, as well as the USPTO. The litigations involved multiple parties, patents, and complex technologies, including telecommunications, interactive voice response systems, asynchronous transfer mode communications, and others.
- Representative Plaintiff Litigations
- CVS Corp v. Ronald A Katz Technology Licensing LP, 2:07-cv-03002 (CD Cal 2008)
- Rentrop v. The Spectranetics Corporation, 1:04-cv-00101 (SDNY 2007)
- Nortel Networks Ltd, et al v. Kyocera Wireless, 3:02-cv-00032 (ND Tx 2003)
- Representative Defense Litigations
- CreateAds LLC v. Squarespace Inc., 1:12-cv-01609 (Del 2015)
- In re Katz Interactive Call Processing Patent Litigation, 2:07-ml-01816 (CD Cal 2014)
- Axcess International, Inc. v. Savi Technologies, Inc., 3:10-cv-01033 (ND Tx 2013)
- Centre One v. Vonage Holdings Corp. et al., 6:08-cv-00467 (ED Tx 2011)
- Millennium, L.P. v. A2iA Corp., 1:09-cv-06857 (SDNY 2009)
- QPSX Development 5 PTY LTD v. Juniper Networks, Inc. et al., 2:05-cv-00268 (ED Tx 2008)
Boris is an avid runner and cyclist, and enjoys running triathlons, duathlons, and marathons.
- Special Counsel, Mintz Levin, New York, NY – 2017-2022
- Associate/Of Counsel, Mintz Levin, New York, NY – 2005-2017
- Associate, Gibbons, New York, NY – 2003-2005
- Associate, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox – 2001-2003