Karen Horowitz has nearly 30 years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution. As a strategic partner to her clients, Karen has successfully prosecuted hundreds of patents through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
As a Principal at KDB, Karen works closely with clients to develop patent procurement strategies to build broad and commercially relevant patent portfolios. She evaluates the patentability of and freedom to operate new products, services, and technologies, and develops strategies to challenge the validity of competitors’ patents. She also prepares all types of intellectual-property-related agreements.
- Hunter Douglas Inc. – Pearl River, NY (2015-2019)
- Johnson & Johnson (formerly Pfizer Consumer Healthcare) – New Brunswick, NJ (2006-2015)
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver, and Jacobson – New York, NY (2004-2006)
- Jones Day (formerly Pennie & Edmonds) – New York, NY (1998-2004)
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, & Flom – New York, NY (1997-1998)
- Darby & Darby – New York, NY (1994-1997)
- Fish & Neave – New York, NY (1991-1994)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (1990-1991)