Kevin has over 30 years of experience assisting technology clients with patent portfolios, including assisting with patent preparation and patent prosecution matters. He has extensive experience in client counseling, handling third party matters and rendering opinions. Kevin has served management roles at Lahive and Cockfield, where he served on the Executive Committee for many years and at Nelson Mullins, where he was an Assistant Group Leader for the firm’s Intellectual Property Group.
Kevin has represented a number of large multinational corporations and has assisted clients in building large patent portfolios.
The patent matters Kevin has handled cover a wide range of technologies, including matters relating to the following technologies:
-Software, including operating systems, compilers, web servers, natural language processing systems, virtualization software, storage systems, CAD/CAM systems, engineering modeling software and markup languages;
-Telecommunications, including switches, routers, cellular telephone networks (including LTE and 5G systems), D2D systems and optical networking systems;
-Digital currencies, encryption, digital signatures and blockchain;
-Medical devices, including stents, grafts, surgical meshes, films, and spinal surgical products;
-Artificial Intelligence, including neural networks, hidden Markov models, Bayesian networks and rules-based systems.
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America (2019)
- Super Lawyers (2004 – 2013)
- “Publication Under The American Inventors Protection Act of 1999,” The Patent Journal, November 2001
- Nelson Mullins, Partner, Assistant Group Leader Intellectual Property Group. - Boston, Mass. (2010 - 2019)
- Lahive & Cockfield LLP, Partner, Executive Committee – Boston, Mass. (1998 – 2010)