Kevin Canning has over 30 years of experience assisting technology clients with patent portfolios, including assisting with patent preparation and patent prosecution matters. He has extensive experience in client counseling, handling third party matters, and rendering opinions. Kevin has represented several large multinational corporations and assists clients in building large patent portfolios.
Kevin handles a wide range of patent technologies, including matters relating to virtualization software, storage systems, CAD/CAM systems, engineering modeling software and markup languages, telecommunications including LTE and 5G systems, digital currencies, encryption, digital signatures and blockchain, medical devices, including stents, grafts, surgical meshes, films, and spinal surgical products, and artificial Intelligence, including neural networks, hidden Markov models, Bayesian networks, and rules-based systems.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America, 2019
- Super Lawyers, 2004 – 2013
- “Publication Under The American Inventors Protection Act of 1999,” The Patent Journal, November 2001
- Nelson Mullins, Partner, Assistant Group Leader Intellectual Property Group, 2010 - 2019
- Lahive & Cockfield LLP, Partner, Executive Committee. 1998 – 2010