Trevor Bannister is counsel with KDB, where he provides his expert counsel to clients in all phases of intellectual property protection and procurement. His work includes extra emphasis on preparing and prosecuting patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Trevor has extensive experience in client counseling, licensing, and rendering opinions. Trevor has represented clients ranging from large multinational corporations to start-up ventures seeking to build and protect an intellectual property portfolio. In addition, he has experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications in multiple technology areas, including medical devices and equipment, healthcare systems, processor and cloud computing technologies, video game applications, telecommunications hardware and wireless and cellular technologies, including LTE and 5G systems, artificial Intelligence, including neural networks, encryption technologies, semiconductor technologies, and energy harvesting devices.
Before entering the practice of law, Trevor worked as a controls system engineer, designing and developing software and control systems for operating pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment. He also worked in the Information Technology (IT) field as part of a team managing a corporate network and associated computing and network communications equipment.
- Pepper Hamilton LLP, Associate, 2012 - 2016
- Ferrence & Associates LLC, Attorney, 2008 - 2012
- Carnegie Mellon University Center for Technology Transfer and Enterprise Creation, IP Legal Extern, 2008 - 2009
- BOC Edwards (now IMA Life North America), Control Systems Engineer, 2003 - 2007
- Severn Trent Laboratories (now TestAmerica Laboratory), IT Network Analyst, 1999 - 2003